I've noticed a sudden flush of multipart CF-OO tutorial blog series being done, to help people make the leap to using CFML in a more Object-Oriented way. I thought I'd point them out for those who may have missed them:
- Adrian Moreno started his multi-part series Aug 22
- Charlie Griefer started his multi-part series Aug 23
Don't know if there's a connection between the rather simultaneous releases, or if it's just pure coincidence. Charlie clarified that there indeed was no connection between the two.
And for those who want to get their CF-OO freak on, there are still more resources on the topic.
- Nic Tunney's cfoop.org site
- Doug Boude's "OO TERMS IN A COLDFUSION CONTEXT"
- Steve "Cutter" Blades has a series on "Making the View"
- Brian Rinaldi has a variety of blog entries he's done. See the comments below.
- Adrian (mentioned above) also has other entries in a CF-OO series, and here's the URL to his blog category for all of them
And there are certainly many more. I'd welcome hearing of those to add to the list. And there may well be more multi-part CF-OO blog series' created before or after now. Feel free to make note in the comments here and I'll update the list for posterity.
Maybe we're starting to reach a tipping point. Of course, there are some who will lament a push to OO (too complicated for them), while others will say you're a hopeless loser if you don't get with the program.
I don't want to debate that here, nor do I really want to see it blow up in my comments, please! :-) Feel free, instead, to point people to where else it may have taken place so that they can evaluate the discussions there instead.